Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Monday, May 23, 2011
Introducing the Sela G. Wright Digital Collection
Check out this collection of important linguistic materials relating to the Ojibwe, from an Oberlin-based 19th century missionary, Sela Wright, who spent many years with the Ojibwe in the Red Lake area of Minnesota. The Sela G. Wright Digital Collection at Oberlin College is a joint project of The Center for Research Libraries (CRL), Oberlin College Archives, and Oberlin College Library.
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
May 18 = due date
Due date -- from Wikipedia:
A due date may refer to:
Or, at Oberlin, the date by which most books, scores, and government publications are to be returned! So what should you do if you still need your books?
We know that many of you are still using these materials, and you should feel free to keep using your material through reading period and exams. Remember that special due dates still apply to reserve materials, periodicals, recalled items, interlibrary loans, OhioLINK materials, and other short-term loan items, and you will be responsible for fines if the items are returned overdue.
If you're finishing an incomplete, you can keep the books until you're finished with them. Please complete a Request for Summer privileges form, and after we've processed it, renew your books.
If you're a returning student who's remaining in Oberlin for the summer, you're welcome to claim summer borrowing privileges and check out books. Please do renew any materials you'd like to keep for the summer, after we've processed your summer privileges request form. We will hold your enrollment for fall semester if you don't return or renew the materials that you have checked out and that are due before the end of the semester.
Do you want to check on what you currently have checked out and when it's due? Just access your account at http://obis.oberlin.edu/patroninfo/
Do you have other questions about end-of-semester policies and procedures? Check out our FAQ, or contact any circulation supervisor for advice.
Please feel free to get in touch with me if you have any questions about your library account or our policies! Best of luck in the final days of the semester!
Head of Circulation
Mudd hours until the end of finals
Please note that not all services are available during these open hours -- check our hours page for the details of our service hours this week.
Friday, May 13, 2011
Extended hours for Mudd
- May 14 at 9:45 pm - May 15 at 10 am
- May 15 at 11:45 pm - May 16 at 8 am
- May 16 at 11:45 pm - May 17 at 8 am
Note that this is just the building, and no services will be offered during much of this time.
Please check out our hours page for specific service points during reading period and exams.
Monday, May 09, 2011
Interested in Becoming a Librarian?
Sunday, May 08, 2011
Wait....what? It's the last week of classes?
Here's the abbreviated version:
- You may review your library record, and see details of your account, including the due dates for checked out items, at http://obis.oberlin.edu/patroninfo/ Use the number on the back of your college ID when prompted for your barcode number. If you have turned in Problem Reports for any of the items currently checked out to you, please know that we are continuing to work to resolve the problem and no further action is necessary at this time.
- The due date for semester loan materials is May 18th. If you are completing work due during the exam period, you may keep semester loan items for a few extra days without renewing them and you will not be charged fines. If you wish to keep library materials beyond that, please renew them.
- BUT, remember that special due dates still apply to reserve materials, periodicals, recalled items, video materials, interlibrary loans, OhioLINK materials and other short-term loan items, and you will be responsible for fines if the items are returned overdue.
- If you are remaining in Oberlin for the summer and are a continuing student, you can claim summer borrowing privileges. Get all the scoop!
Want to have a fun study break? Watch this -- filmed in Mudd.
Wednesday, May 04, 2011
Hsiu-Chuang Deppman talks about her new book
Join us in Moffett Auditorium, Mudd 050, at 4:40pm on Thursday May 5th!
Public library levy passes
For the Tax Levy: 946 (88.99%)
Against the Tax Levy: 117 (11.01%)
Tuesday, May 03, 2011
Those April Showers...
Distraction outside Mudd Wednesday evening
from 9 pm – 11 pm
This will include music that may be audible inside the building. If this is inconvenient for your studies, you have our sincerest apologies, and we hope you can make alternate study plans for the night. Better yet, come down and enjoy the show! Thank you for your understanding.
Monday, May 02, 2011
Koffee with Krislov tonight
May Mudd Puzzle Hunt
History of the Book Lecture today at 4:30pm
Her talk will be at 4:30 on Monday May 2 in King 106.